Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 220: My Letter to Claudia

Hi! It is Sophia! Today I made a bracelet and wrote a letter to my friend in Mexico, named Claudia. We sponsor Claudia through the CFCA organization. My parents give CFCA a monthly payment (today's the day for that!) so that Claudia can go to school and her family cant buy food, etc.  And then I reach out to Claudia through sending letters and sometimes small, handmade gifts.  Today I made bracelets from a paper bead kit I got. I rolled up a strip of paper until it got to the thickness  of the bead where I could slip it on to the string. I used my best materials, and I think she will really like it. In my letter, I thought about using some of my beginner phrases that I learned in my new Spanish class, but I thought I would save it until I knew more than, "Where do you live?" and "What is the weather like?" I can't wait until we get a letter back from her, they come as fun surprises! 

No comments:

Post a Comment