Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 201: In2Books Response

Today I wrote my first book response to my epal! Just as a refresher, Olivia and I signed up to be online pen pals through an organization called In2Books. I was paired up with my fourth grade student a couple weeks ago, and through the course of  the academic year, we are going to send several letters back and forth discussing his reading books. It is pretty much an online book club but with just two people. The genre for his fall curriculum was fiction, so he chose an Andrew Clements book that I read earlier this week. I just sent him my thoughts about the book and my "supporting points," and also asked him some critical thinking questions. The book was about bullying, so I asked him a lot about certain aspects in the relationship between the main character and the bully. Hopefully my response will engage him and he will come up with some thoughtful opinions on his own. He should be responding within a month and I can't wait to hear from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment