Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 197: Make A Wish Carwash

Hi! Olivia here.

Today I participated in a carwash benefitting the Make A Wish Club (called "Wishmakers") at Loyola. Make A Wish is a nonprofit company that helps sick, terminally ill children get their top "wish". My shift was from 12:30-2:30, and but I arrived at 12 to help out before it started. There were already cars lined up when I got there! There was almost a constant line of cars for the couple hours I was there. I this was a lot better turnout than last year, where only about 5 cars came in the 6 hour carwash. Each car wash was a minimum of a $5 donation, but many people gave us more! In fact, when I left my shift, we had already made $96!
Unfortunately, at first we didn't have the correct cleaning/drying supplies, so we were stuck with towels that shed and not enough sponges. However, some club members were able to go to the Family Dollar store and purchase supplies. After that, it was a lot easier to quickly clean cars. We had a system of people with sponges, the hose, drying, and using the Squeegie. It was quite effective once we got it down!
I don't know how much money we raised for the whole day, but if we made almost $100 in a couple hours, I can't wait to find out how much we raised for the entire day!

www.wish.org

No comments:

Post a Comment