Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 207 St. Luke's Baby Shower




During Respect life month in October, St Luke's Parish (where I go to Mass on Tuesday and Saturday) participates in the Archdiocesan Baby Shower Program to assist women and babies served by Pregnancy Help, the crisis pregnancy center administered by the Pro-Life Office of the Archdiocese of Boston. ( http://www.pregnancyhelpboston.org/) There is a playpen set up at the back of the church which already has many baby items in it. Today, I added 2 little 1 piece "sleep and play" outfits --1 for a girl and 1 for a boy-- to help the cause. This is a cause dear to my heart as when I was in my late teens, our Sodality in Watertown did this and since I was chairlady, I had the priveledge of collecting the money and then choosing all the different things for 2 layettes. Again, about 12 years ago, I suggested this at Parish Council at St. Jude's and it is still going strong there. It's always fun to buy for a baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment