Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 219: Halloween Carnival Volunteer

Hello!

Today, Loyola had a Halloween Carnival! We hosted adults from the Gallagher House (People with Austism and Developmental Disabilities) to a fun day of games, arts and crafts! Unfortunately, I was not allowed to take pictures, but the room was set up with musical chairs, multiple arts and crafts tables, and snack tables. Nicole and I wore our costumes from Friday afternoon, and some of the guests dressed up too! We had to have a talk before the event started to discuss volunteering with those with disabilities, but I already had a familiarity with it since I have worked with students who have disabilites as a Special Education Minor. The event was really successful!! The guests had such a fun time experiencing a Halloween-related event, and the volunteers were all excited to help out!! I was sitting at the bat-making table; I remember doing this activity when I was in Elementary School! We cut out bats, and stuck two of them together in between a string, creating a line of bats! The guests seemed to enjoy this activity, and I was enthusiastic helping explain it, so we all had a good time.

Off to a meeting!!

Olivia 

No comments:

Post a Comment