Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 216: Bristol Lodge Day

Today, the 4th Thursday of the month, was Bristol Lodge Day when our Parish, St. Jude, feeds the hungry. As almost always, the weather does not cooperate and it was pouring in our neck of the woods. Our leader, Ruth, is back in the hospital, so I was Ruth and Buppa took my "job." The few people that drop off at our house, did so on time and we were off in the rain. At the first stop, there was no answer. Even though we all are volunteers, we should make a call to save the drivers an unecessary stop. On to the next. This woman can be funny in that she half forgets, then remembers and today when I appeared, she said "oh, I forgot!!" When I said you were making the brownies on Tuesday when I called, and she said "oh yes, I have them." Three more stops and each was all prepared. Some of the customers came out to bring in the food. Buppa started slicing meatloaf and I was setting up. One grandfather was subbing for his grandson who usually serves and then a mother and young son came in. All seemed to be under control, so we left for home and our own "meat loaf" dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment