Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 217: Trick-or-Treating

Hey all!!

Today, Loyola hosted multiple outreach programs for nearby elementary schools, where the kids came here for a fun day of Trick-or-Treating in the campus dorms! My floor was involved, so we bought lots of candy in preparation for the kids showing up. Nicole and I were volunteers who brought the kids around. However, the ratio of volunteers to children was quite large and Nicole and I, along with one other girl, ended up having to watch about 15 hyper, excited children running through the hallways. It was very stressful making sure we didn't lose anyone as we traveled from floor to floor, but it was certainly good practice for me as a future teacher! I bought a Smurf costume, and Nicole is on the right as Minnie Mouse. (This costume was actually made by her grandmother for her mother, who gave it to Nicole years later!) Emily, on the left, was able to stay in the room to hand out the candy! The kids were so cute, and it brought back memories trick-or-treating when I was little!

Happy Early Halloween!

~Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment