Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 202: Donating Blue Jeans

Hello, it is Sophia.
 At my school, there is HELP Club, a group of students that put together fundraisers, donation sites and bake sales, to support needy communities. I originally wanted to join the club but with my schedule, it wasn't possible, but I'm still happy to contribute to their causes! HELP Club is starting off the year with 2 collections for A Place to Turn in Natick.  This is a local food pantry in Natick that provides emergency food and clothing to people in Metrowest Bosto, especially blue jeans. They say that, kids grow out of jeans awfully fast and jeans are one of the most in-demand items at shelters and food pantries across the state. So, today I dropped of my bag of jeans in the lobby in the 6th grade donation box. They seem to have a lot of families donating too! Later this month, we also hope to be a part in the Halloween Bake sale for our school.
Donate your jeans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment