Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 313: Supporting the American Heart Association

Hi! Sophia (and Mom) here. In my gym class, as we are kicking off American Heart month, we are starting our annual fundraising for the American Heart Association. We are given the choice to collect donations from family and neighbors, or to buy a heart t-shirt (or both). I decided to buy the t-shirt that I think is really cool. It says: Saving a Life is a Real Sport.  In the past, the t-shirts just had a list of a bunch of organizations, but I really like this one! Our teachers encouraged us to buy it because later in the year, there is a student vs. faculty basketball game and they want everyone to wear red representing a healthy heart. A lot of people in my grade, including me, know someone with a heart disease, so we are going to try our best to raise  money and support the cause as much as we can.  My Mom wanted to be sure that I bought this T-Shirt to honor all those loved ones that my family has lost to heart disease including my Nana's Mother and Father, my Great Uncle Harvey who my parent's always talked about being a "cool uncle", and my fun neighbor Al.  We miss them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment