Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 312: Full Morning of Service

This morning was a very busy one for me. I started off picking up one of the Sisters who doesn't drive and taking her to Mass with me in Belmont. She was very appreciative and looks forward to Tuesday morning Mass. Next it was time to visit my Communion calls. Today I had 3 out of the usual 4 people to visit. Alice is almost bedridden but was in a lounge chair all wrapped up in her blankets. She is always delighted to have me come and prays with me before she recieves the Lord. Next was Al, our friend from Boy Scout Days. He seems to be failing each time but is so appreciative that I come. The secretary sends him the bulletin each week and you would think she had sent him a hundred dollars!! Always wants to know what is going on at Church and with the parishioners he knows. Next stop was Anne across the street. She has been suffering from Siatica for 10 days now and is back on her walker as she is afraid she will fall. It is a wonderful feeling that a simple visit with Holy Communion and some chat can do so much for the homebound. Oh yes, I mustn't forget dropping off our bag of staples for the food bank. One of our friends from St. Jude's died and will be buried on Thursday. She worked 3 hours every Thursday at a Food Pantry in Watertown, so I gave this bag in memory of our friend Barbara. While I was doing my visits, Dad was off to a funeral of a man with whom he worked at Western Electric. May Joe and Barbara rest in peace and may my ill friends be comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment