Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 295: In2Books Letter

Hi! Recently, I was paired with a student from the In2Books organization that lets adults and children become pen pals and read books together. My student, also named Olivia, and I read "Jackson Jones and the Puddle of Thorns". It was about a boy who gets a garden for his birthday from his mother, and how he learns to plant flowers as well as test true friendships, during the spring months. In my letter to Olivia, I was able to ask compelling questions and tell her my opinion about some of the parts of the book. I also asked her to think about some open ended questions. The story taught readers valuable lessons about trust, friendships, and learning new activities. "Jackson Jones" was a funny, relatable, and simple read that I hope Olivia enjoyed as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment