Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 302: Hospice Training Complete!!

Well it appears I'm "officially trained" as today I just completed my final on-line training course! The material covered a wide range of topics including reviews of Infection Control, Blood and Respitory pathogens, Medical Device Reporting and Boundaries in Pateint Care. (in case anyone was possibly unsure....."sex with patients or family members is NEVER appropriate" )  Seriously, I considered that a "gift question" on the test...but all the questions weren't quite so easy.   I now feel like maybe I can go hang out with Bianca at the UPenn School of Nursing!!  All that's left before I am certified is to take my TB test and then I will be assigned to a couple of patients at one of the Asera Care affiliated nursing home.  Getting nervous....but still quite excited about this new venture.

http://www.aseracare.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment