Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 304: Helping the American Heart Association




About a month ago, I received my call to solicit from the neighbors for the American Heart Association. They get you early and often. I have committed to do this in memory of my own Mother who died of a heart problem. Today was the day! My list had 15 houses on it, but their list is not too up to date as one had moved, one was deceased about 3 years ago, and one was seriously ill in rehab. So, I got busy and addressed my two sets of envelopes, put in the information and stamped them. It's really not too time consuming and I really don't mind helping out, but this noontime, before I was finished, I received a call from the Diabetic chairman lining me up to do the same for them next month.( I do that one for Buppa's twin brother who was a diabetic.) The neighbors will be sick of me, but I'm giving it my best effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment