Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 308: Relay for Life Kickoff!

Bianca here. Well, it is finally Friday the 27th, a day that I have been waiting for since winter break. Today was the start of the Relay for Life Kickoff, which is pretty much a big registration "push" and when we start actively recruiting and advertising for the event in March. For the past couple weeks I have been contacting places all over campus to set up registration booths. After some compromising, convincing, meetings, (and sometimes begging), I was able to get the approval of five popular areas on campus (so mom and dad, sorry if my phone bill was crazy high this month). I was only able to attend a registration booth for five minutes in between classes before running to a clinical (where I learned the entire physical assessment of the head and neck), but the committee members did a great job representing relay at each station and we registered another 20 people today. We raised in total another $500 dollars, surpassing the $5,000 mark in our fundraising. Today we also released our Relay promotion video. Since it is olympic themed this year, we made a video of us going all around campus with an olympic torch. We also got a lot of student clubs to be in the video, wearing purple gloves (the historic Relay for Life color) to show their support. There is not yet a link to the video but I will include it in my next post once I get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment