Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 309: Roses For Life

Today at the 4:00 Mass at St. Patrick's in Natick,  there was an opportunity to make a donation to Massachusetts Citizens For Life organization.  Literally hundreds of pretty fabric roses were available at  the back of the church to be given to anyone who made a contribution.  MCFL is the largest and most effective statewide Citizens Action Group promoting Respect For All Human Life; young and old, born and preborn.

As a woman who is personally opposed to abortion, it was an easy decision to support this cause. However, I did struggle a bit before dropping my money in the basket because I wondered if my support meant that I think any young woman who has made the difficult choice to have an abortion is a bad person?  I certainly hope not, because I continue to work hard to not judge anyones situation but my own.  And I definitely do not want to be considered an activist in this cause.  Yet I am aware of the politics involved with this MCFL appeal as there is a "Death with Dignity" initiative on the 2012 ballot that the Catholic Church hopes to see defeated.  And overall, I do feel it is good to have MCFL out there to advocate while the Pro-Choice groups are doing the same...which I hope contributes to a more educated group of young Americans when it comes to issues of life and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment