Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 303: Sophia and Paul at Special Olympics

Hello, it is Sophia!
Today I joined Dad to go to coaching the  Special Olympics team where he volunteers. For some reason, today the total amount of swimmers and coaches was cut in half so I got to help with a smaller group of people. I stayed next to him in his "lane of ladies" and watched the talented swimmers. All the people in his lane were working so hard and when my dad told them a correction, they would do their best to fix it. The swimmers were so enthusiastic and ready to go that it was inspiring. Some people there, you wouldn't even know had a mental disability! The swimmers did different drills as using the kick boards and working on their kicks, doing sets of IMs, using pull buoys (two cylinders of foam attached to each other that you put in-between your legs to help you float) or just plain 200 yards! It was a great experience and I would really like to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment