Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 287: Nana's Hats for NICU Babies

Today at our last visit to Nana and Buppa's before returning to college, I picked up the ten adorable baby hats that Nana has been knitting. Nana first started knitting these hats when Olivia and I were in the NICU at Tuft's Medical Center back in 1992. This time around, she has generously decided to donate them to the NICU at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. I have been in touch with the donation coordinator at CHOP and she said the hospital would be more than happy to have the hats. I
am planning to make a trip to the hospital once I get back to campus to deliver them. They are so cute! Hopefully I will be allowed to walk into the NICU to donate them, rather than just a drop-off with the coordinator. I am sure the babies and the families will be very happy to know that someone out there is thinking of them! And they can stay extra warm both during and after their hospital stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment