Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 314: First Thursdays

Hello,
At Loyola, on the first thursday of every month, the university cooks a homemade dinner and sells it for $10 a plate. (The event is called First Thursdays). Usually the profits benefit Relay for Life, but this month the money went towards the Make a Wish Foundation! My friend and I helped set up the area with balloons, and started the first shift of serving the food. The theme was Italian, so there was Caesar Salad, garlic bread, chicken picatta, rice pilaf, eggplant parm, and green beans being served. Since First Thursdays are in the Student Center and I have food in my apartment, I haven't gone to one yet this year. I was surprised how many people bought food. Within the first 15 minutes of the event, I had already served about 40 plates! I'm sure served many more plates after I had left, so I can't wait to see how much money we raised!

No comments:

Post a Comment