Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 328: Battle of the Bands

Bianca here. More Relay For Life!!  Tonight, the UPenn Relay for Life Committee is hosting a Battle of the Bands Concert. We are coordinating this event with surrounding colleges Drexel and Temple, who are both trying to raise money for their Relays as well. Each college entered a couple campus bands to compete against each other. The audience "votes" for the winner by putting money forward for their favorite band. The band that raises the most money wins! I stopped by after water polo practice just to see how it was going. Our committees also made TONS of baked goods to sell. I took a picture before coming home to blog but for some reason my computer is not working properly....for a change!! I am off now to go work the baked good booth (the venue closes at 2am, but I am not planning on staying that late!) Hopefully we are able to fundraise a lot tonight from our baked goods and talented bands!

No comments:

Post a Comment