Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 277: In2Books Epal Message

Today I wrote a letter back to my epal, who was assigned to me through the online In2Books mentoring program. His class is on the social studies unit so I went to the library to get a copy of the King Tut book that my epal requested. After reading it, I wrote a response that I planned to send to his teacher. Unfortunately after 45 minutes of composing his letter, the computer lost all of my work so now I need to re-think and re-write everything that was in my original letter (and before midnight!) Although I never got a response from him after my letter for the fiction unit, I hope he still reads my comments and questions about the book as he forms his own opinions and becomes a more engaged reader. Even though this re-work isn't going to be fun, I am sure that he will be grateful for my response since he may not have the opportunity to talk about his book with a teacher or another classmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment