Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 259: Seeking a Volunteer Position at AseraCare Hospice Center

AseraCare Hospice  (taken from their website)

AseraCare Hospice is one of the nation’s premiere providers of hospice and palliative care services. We treat each of our patient’s end-of-life journey with respect, kindness, compassion and support.
Our family-centered approach works to ensure that the needs and wishes of both our patients and their family members are met throughout the hospice experience. We provide a wide range of hospice care services that include physician, nursing, therapy, social work, counseling, personal and spiritual care.

Patricia here.  Today, I had the opportunity to apply for a volunteer postion at the Hospice Center described above. So much paperwork to fill out that it was rather overwhelming.  But basically, I "have the job" if my criminal record comes back clean!?!   I confessed to the gal interviewing me that I often threatened to shoplift when my twins were little, desperately hoping that I might be able to spend a night in jail and finally get a good night's sleep, but alas, I never followed through with the plan!  Thankfully, she will not hold this against me.

I have a few options with this new volunteer program; I can help with the administrative office needs, or I can work with the hospice chaplain and assist families of hospice patients.  Both require training seminars, which I am happy to attend in the new year when the next training session is scheduled.  It's all so intriguing....and worthwhile...and truly a wonderful way to give support and offer friendship to those who need it most.

I'm really looking forward to this next chapter of living and giving.....the journey continues.

http://www.aseracare.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment