Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 253: A Memory Pillow for Kathleen

Another one of my dear friends, Kathleen, has recently lost her mother. 
Kathleen and I go way back...she was one of my college roommates at BC, and she was in my wedding.  Thankfully, we have managed to stay close over three decades! 
A few weeks ago, Kathleen ordered a MemoryWrap to be made out of her mother's favorite sweatshirts, which I was happy to design as I had the privilege and pleasure of knowing her mother, Kay.  In the true spirit of kindness and generousity that has always been Kathleen's nature, she plans to ship this quilt to her brother and sister-in-law in Hawaii as a Christmas present.  She is very excited about sending this special surprise.
What Kathleen doesn't know is that when she comes to pick up the quilt, she will be receiving her own  gift from me....a keepsake memory Pillow made from her mother's clothing.  I know how close she was with her mother, and I feel blessed that I can use my skill as a seamstress to be able to support the people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment