Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 256: A Down and Up day this day






My original intent this day was to blog about a visit with a wonderful Friend Al who I had the pleasure of working with during our boys involvement in Boy Scouts. Yes many years ago, he as committee treasurer for Scout Troop 250 during my years as camping chairman and Scoutmaster. He was home recovering from a fall. Unfortunately, he was taken to the hospital last night and as I write, no word on his condition, but his Family appears to have gather around.
So, I said to myself, what can I do this day for my commitment to the Service Challenge 365 blog today. Thought a bit and then off to find a Salvation Army bucket to give a donation which I do once a year during the Christmas celebration times. I went to the local Shaw's store and not surprised for there wasn't one there this day and the day was off kilter a bit. So on ward to Stop and Shop. Oh yes, there was the volunteer ringing his bell and spreading good will. So up I pulled and put my donation in. Things picked up right away, for as I was leaving I met a Wife of another Friend that gave assistance to Cub Pack 250 when I was Cub master. A nice conversation we had about Spouses and Grandchildren.
I have had an interest in the Salvation Army for most of my adult life while recognizing the work of charity they do. I still remember going to their place of prayer and social work to donate some things that they might be able to process through their store for resale at a unbelievable low price to assist the needy. Quite interesting!!!! I really like their ratio of funds collected to funds distributed to help -- 83% to charity, outstanding compared to many of the United Nations ratio's!!!!! Well Folks, have a good LIFE and keep you chin up and smile on for life is beautiful even though challenging at times -- Buppa

No comments:

Post a Comment