Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 276: Visiting a homebound Friend

Today, I was thinking of one of my Communion calls (Al)that had been in the hospital and then rehab a few days ago when I took Communion to the other 3 that I visit each month. Al is a very quiet soft spoken man and I was feeling badly that I had not made it to him for a Christmas visit. So, I called there around noon and got his son Tom (our paper boy of quite a few years back) and was pleasantly surprised that Al was back home and would love to receive Communion, so Dad came along with me as he and Al were active in Boy Scout leadership together in the 70's. Al and his wife Mary were very happy to see us and we all reminisced about Boy Scout days and grown up children. Dad saw their bird feeder that I had been telling him about for a few weeks now and we told them we received a bird house from the Pratson's and it is attached to the fence and now we can look out the kitchen window and see the birds----- when and if a family makes their home there. Yes a very enjoyable visit with Al and Mary it was and it was easy to observe that Al really appreciates Nana's visits with Communion and he and I have a lot in common -- just think, his Mother use to prepare a meal out of squirrel as mine did!!!! To ALL a pleasant and blessed New Year 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment