Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 264: Hotel Tour and Hotel Toiletry Donation!


Guess what? Today was my birthday! I took a bunch of my friends to the Intercontinental Hotel in Boston and we got a tour of the kitchens and Presidential Suite.  A fun coincidence is that today at school this morning, before my brithday party, I donated hotel sized toiletry items which were going to a homeless shelter in the area through a school group called  HELP Club. At the Intercontinental, we learned that the hotel is big on recycling their  linens, soaps, and toiletry items to those in need. They even recylcle the oil for cooking French fries!  The nice lady that led our tour was glad to hear that we are doing a little donation box at our school. She also said that the Intercontinental Hotel was the only hotel in Boston that received the Green Award for their recyling and environmental efforts. We had such a great time celebrating my 12th birthday in such a special way.

No comments:

Post a Comment