Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 263: Working Hard For Approval To Volunteer!

Who knew that it could be so time consuming to become a volunteer?  As I continue my efforts to become a volunteer at Asera Care Hospice Center in Wellesley, I was told that I need to go through drug testing and provide a urine specimen.  Man oh man!  But no problem...except that the lab they required me to go to today was 30 minutes away in Newton Center!  Which is crazy because there are so many medical buildings and hospitals right near my house in the Natick/Framingham area.   But such was the deal and off I went to find the lab.....which took me on a stroll down Memory Lane as the lab was located in the same medical building as the pediatrician who treated Bianca and Olivia for the many years  we lived in Watertown!
(Hey B & O, those fun, bright green lights/fish tank sort of display is still there once you get off the elevators!)  Turns out that the lab was almost directly across the hall from Dr. Benjamen's office, which tempted me to stop in and say hello, but alas, a busy schedule got the better of me and I chose to instead get home and start make the brownies Sophia wants to bring to gymnastics tonight to celebrate her last workout as an 11 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment