Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 182: Cents For Sight

Hello, it is Sophia!
The other day, unfortunately, when I went to the varsity football game at our high school, I lost my pair of glasses. We went back to the school several times and looked for them but with no luck. Anyway, since they never showed up in lost and found, today my mother ordered them during the school day and they were ready to be picked up by 3 o'clock. When we were there, there was a Cents for Sight donation box where I sat down to have the glasses fitted. Cents for Sight is through the program "One Sight" which Lens Crafters has been partnering with for the past 20 years. They try to hand deliver the gift of sight to the 284 million adults and children who are suffering from poor vision. Lens Crafters collects money donations and donated glasses. The website says, "By donating a pair of glasses that you no longer use, you can improve a child's ability to learn in school and give adults the independence needed to perform daily tasks."  Today I put money in the collectiton jar, but I'll be looking forward to donating my new glasses when they get to small for me or when my prescription changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment