Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 175: Supporting Sherborn's "Grange Fair, 2011"


 Life in the country has it's benefits!!  And one of them is living in a town that is willing to put a weekend fair together to celebrate the beauty and bounty of Sherborn's local agriculture.  Here's how the still-in-town-Cutler's supported the event and participated in the fun:

Paul and I attended the opening night fundraiser this evening called "Plow to Plate Dinner", which combined all the locally grown produce/meats/cheeses with all the town-folks that can't get enough of them!  We had a terrific time enjoying the food, friendship and sense of family amongst the locals. Farming is truly underappreciated in America, and it felt terrific to support a cause whose proceeds will help restore/repair a local barn.  And happily, we chose this event to be a just-right event to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary!  Why pay $$$ at a restaraunt when you can enjoy a great, fresh meal under a tent with friends and help a worthy cause????  

This is Sophia!! During the past week I have been preparing and making entries for the Grange Fair's competition categories. Today I finished my projects for the fair.  I made a "hand painted article" which was my decorated "Home On The Grange" rock for a garden (pictured on the left), a "veggie creature" called Mr. Squeaks, pictured on the bottom,  and I entered the "cupcake wars" category and made "Grange Chicks", pictured above.  My rock and cupcakes will be donated to a fundraiser auction after all the judging is done. But I would prefer to bring home Mr. Squeaks, so I did not donate him to the Auction. 
 It was really fun making these things because I love to use creative art and I can't wait to go back today to see the event!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment