Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 164: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

gift cardsThe runner in me can't resist donating to a cause that acknowledges the contribution with a sneaker cut-out picture posted in the store!!  So today, while at Marshalls, (that's Marshaaaalls, to the Cutler gals!), I was asked to contribute to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.  Supporting this cause is an easy "yes" for me, as one of my dear friends from college has a son who was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes when he was just in elementary school.  Hearing of his experience is when I first learned about how challenging and overwhelming this disease can be for an entire family.  I am happy to report that my friend's son is thriving in high school and has successfully learned to cope with this all consuming, life altering and so far, uncurable disease.  May the research team continue to raise the bar to new heights for children suffering from the many related complications of diabetes.  http://www.jdrf.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment