Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 162: Thoughts of the Paulist Fathers





Nana  here.
Many moons ago when I was in high school, we had a mission (a week of prayer for women and 2nd week for men) at St. Theresa's Parish. Two Paulist priests conducted the mission and one of them (Fr. Finley) asked a group of us who counted the money to write to him. I did and the friendship lasted for nearly 50 years. Father would always come out to visit us when he was in the Boston area and more often graced our table and blessed our children at family events while he was stationed in Boston for a few years. Recently, I came across a book he had written for the "older set" which I had tucked away and realized I guess I am" there" now and will read his words. He died on Sept. 7th ,1996 so for the fifteenth Anniversary of his passing, we sent a monetary donation to the Paulist Fathers in his memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment