Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 36: Parent Infant Center


I was walking back from the gym today and saw about 10 adorable little kids running up to me asking me to buy their "plants for sale!" Having no money, I told them I would come back later. They were still hard at work a half hour later when I returned, still with the same enthusiasm they had when I had seen them earlier. They were members of the Parent Infant Center of Philadelphia, selling flowers and herbs for their scholarship fund. This organization is a day care for the children of Philadelphia. Children from all backgrounds and economic status are welcome. The money they were raising today was specifically set aside to their scholarship fund. I asked the little boy if he would sell me his flower (in his homemade painted pot!) and he got even more excited when I asked him to be in a picture with me. Now I am studying in the library and carrying around a little potted flower. I will probably give it to one of my academic advisors!

2 comments: