Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 18: Jump For Heart

  Every year, the Pine Hill Elementary School students participate in the Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser. For the past week I have been collecting donations for the American Heart Association. I wanted to be apart of this project because my close neighbor, Al, died of heart failure. He is in the picture with Olivia.  This is Al helping Olivia with a history project. He was a WWII veteran.  I remember playing with his dog Kona and trying to teach her tricks. He was a very generous and kind neighbor.                       

I turned in my $42 during gym class ($5 of my own) this afternoon. In gym class, there were 5 jump rope stations with  parent volunteers (my mother was one of them) with different  activities. Our class was put into groups and we rotated through the stations. My favorite station was the long-turning rope. You could've tried to dribble, pass, or shoot with a basketball while jumping rope. My friend who plays basketball was jumping facing away from the net took a shot and made it without looking while he was jumping. He is a very good player. There was a poster that everyone signed their name. www.americanheart.org/jump


1 comment: