Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 12: Our Sponsored Child, Claudia


Hello, this is Sophia. Today I wrote a letter to our sponsored child in Mexico. Here is a picture of myself holding a picture of Claudia. Below is the brochure of the organization that runs the sponsorship program.  Every month we send a donation for her and I try to send her a letter.   Claudia usually writes back to me once a month too. She writes in Spanish which my sisters can read without looking at the translations but I have to read the translations.


 But... next year in middle school I must take a foreign language including Latin, French, or Spanish. I'm taking Spanish 1, because my sisters took it, and 2, because if I ever visit Claudia I can communicate with her in her native language. I think if I get the opportunity to do that it would be very cool and interesting.  http://www.hopeforafamily.org/






2 comments:

  1. Hola Sophia! Buen trabajo! Estoy seguro que le encanta cuando ella le recibe sus cartas!

    **translation: hi sophia! great job! i'm sure she loves it when she recieves your letters!

    Adios!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Once you start Spanish you can write to her in Spanish too :)

    ReplyDelete