Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 14: More desserts for my senior friends!

Another Thursday means another opportunity to support the Sherborn Council On Aging at their Drop-In-Luncheon for members.   Irish Soda Bread and Brownies  were today's contribution from the Cutler Kitchen.

What's especially interesting to me about volunteering with this organization is that, until now, I realize my volunteer focus has almost always been in support of youth groups....ie..school, sports, CCD, Girl Scouts...all organizations connected to my children.  Volunteering for the COA marks the first time I have reached out to senior gatherings,  who are every bit as deserving and in need of neighborhood support as our youth. And the seniors are ever so appreciative and generous with their heartfelt "thank you's".

Maybe it's my age?  But clearly, I feel tremendous joy in knowing that these senior men and women have a weekly venue to celebrate life and each other together.  coa@sherbornma.org


My on going joke with Sophia is that after we drop her off at the University of Somewhere in seven years,  I'm sure I'll then drive right to the nearest Nursing Home.  But now I'm convinced I'll stop by the COA before I sign the papers!---Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment