Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 19: Make A Wish

Hello!

Unfortunately, I was supposed to go to a meeting today to prepare for the Special Olympics swim meet on Sunday, but the event ended up getting cancelled because there weren't enough participants.

However, knowing I was in charge of the blog today, I looked at my email and the Make A Wish club I belong to needed volunteers to work the bake sale table today.
(The Make a Wish Foundation , http://www.makeawish.org/ , fundraises money for children with cancer to have a "wish" granted to them, whether its to meet a celebrity, go to Disney, or travel somewhere in the world.) There was a car wash last sunday (that I was unable to participate in), but there were baked goods sold there and there were so many treats left over that the club officers decided to have another bake sale. I quickly responded to the email saying that I'd man the table from 6-7.

The treats were brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and cupcakes. Luckily since this time period is when there are a lot of students in the main dining hall, there were many people that I could try to convince to buy a treat. I ended up selling 3 brownies, 2 cookies, and 2 cupcakes. It amounted to $12. Not too much money, but it's something! I was lucky that sometimes groups of kids came over, so I didnt have to worry about individual people coming over and only buying one treat at a time. I also called people over that I knew, and they often bought a small treat and wanted to support the foundation.

-Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment