Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 8:Volunteering to set up for the Pine Hill Auction Fundraiser



Every other year, our local Pine Hill Elementary School organizes an auction to raise monies for enrichment programs and many other valuable resources for our children. Today I was able to assist an incredible group of YOUNG, dedicated and energetic parents as we set-up for the "Back To The Future" Auction that will take place tomorrow night.  The theme is all about the 80's...and the only thing I remember is Big Hair...and that Paul had bigger/better hair than me those days!!
Although Paul and I cannot attend the event, we are there in spirit as our family has donated a MemoryWrap quilt that we hope will bring in lots of bids.  Frankly, I feel quite old as many of the parents were talking about dressing like Madonna in the 80"s and wearing fish net hose.  I remember working at the Ritz, wearing  ugly shoulder padded jackets and being told that if I wore fish net hose I would be fired!

No comments:

Post a Comment