Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 238: (Another) Food Drive at Penn

My college house, Rodin, is constantly holding volunteer events and trips to encourage its students to become more involved in the community. Since I am usually not able to take these day-long trips (as they are a big time commitment), I was able to contribute to the Food Donation bin today. All donations are going to local homeless shelters and soup kitchens. I thought I had some canned corn from earlier in the year, but my roommates must have just recently seen it on the community shelf for the past month and decided to cook it up. So, I figured I would stop by the store on the way back from working at CHOP to buy some canned vegetables and Jell-O. The bin has been in the lobby for days, but there were only 3 or 4 cans in it when I dropped off my additions...so sad, as this residence holds over 1,000 people. Hopefully as Thanksgiving Day gets closer, more students will contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment