Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 234: Counting the Money



Here we are in November and it is my group to count the church collection. This weekend, there were two collections, so we had lots of counting to do. Five in our group showed up ready to work and we worked pretty quickly. The total of the collections was 3513.00------good numbers for me if I were a lottery player---the year and day of my birth! As always, some people folded their bills up into different shapes and the same usual 4or 5 came with tape or stickers adding to the already sealed envelope. We got to talking about the different areas like the churches in Florida that get 15,000.00 and more in their collections and wondered how long it would take them to total their monies----much longer I'm sure. At any rate, it always a good feeling to know that we volunteered to help our church community.

No comments:

Post a Comment