Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 227: Toys for the St. Theresa Christmas Bazaar

Every year, our church holds a Christmas Bazaar that has become a regular outing for Sophia and myself.   November 19th is the big day this year, and today I was able to drop off some new and "like new" children's toys that are requested for The Children's Room, a place where kids can by inexpensive gifts for their siblings and friends.
So that was the easy part of our contribution!  Now we have to figure out what craft project Sophia will make to donate to the holiday themed craft table.  Last year, she made these adorable "Sweet Santa's" that followed a much treasured old "craft recipe" of her great grandmother, my Nana Bertha !  Using a brandy snifter, you decorate with felt to create the belly of a Santa and then top it with a styrofoam ball and felt hat.  Very cute and brought back many memories from my own childhood!  I just couldn't resist adding a photo (or two or three! to share the artistic talents of the littlest Cutler....but now I wonder if I've just put the pressure on because I'm thinking that this project is a tough act to follow!!   To be continued..........


No comments:

Post a Comment