Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 98: Rocky Woods

Hi, Olivia here.

This weekend, Mom, Dad, Sophia, Nana and Buppa are in New Hampshire at Margaret's House for the holiday. They will be hiking Foss Mountain, biking, and doing other outdoor activities that I love participating in. Since I have to be home in Sherborn to work, I cannot join them. However, I decided I would make a donation to a local Trustees of Reservations location in Medfield. This place, named Rocky Woods, is where my cross country races were held my junior year of high school. I still go on hikes there with my friends sometimes, and I've also gone on bike rides with dad in the past at Rocky Woods. The place is so well maintained and it's nice not to have to maneuver around fallen trees and loose rocks while on the trails. I'll miss my family in NH and know that they will have a great time being outside, but I'm glad I could contribute to a place where I have a connection.

For more information about the Trustees of Reservations, visit http://www.thetrustees.org/.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment