Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 125: Bristol Lodge for July

(Picture of Soup Kitchen)

Taken during another groups bristal Lodge day


Nana and Buppa here. Today was St. Jude's Day to feed the homeless at Bristol Lodge. Boy, do the months go by quickly!! Some people were on vacation and 2 of those we pick up on the way to the church weren't home when we appeared. I had meat loaf myself and told this other girl I would do hers as she didn't get word to me til Sat. So , this A.M. I was literally up to my elbows in 6 pounds of hamburg, eggs , milk, bread crumbs, green pepper and onions--what a mess but, they were all ready for the afternoon trip to the oven. I had a doctor apppointment at 2:00, so left Buppa in charge to put them in the oven. Came home and he had everything all set. He must have thought he was head chef this month having to cook, deliver and then slice the meat at the place. We had enough food and think there must have been about 75 people there to enjoy it. Buppa and I have next month off as we will be on vacation with ALL of our wonderful family at the Cape.

No comments:

Post a Comment