Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 104: Council on Aging Lunch



Hey, it's Bianca. Today I volunteered at the town's Council on Aging belated Fourth of July luncheon. To prepare for the event, I got there an hour early and help set up decorations and food. As the members of the council came strolling in,

another volunteer and I started chatting with the "aged" until the food (barbeque-themed) was ready. Attached is a picture of me putting chips into a bowl. You can see many members of the council socializing behind me! My duty was to serve drinks, as many of the attendees needed assistance serving or carrying their food. I also cut the cake for dessert (half chocolate and half vanilla, as to please the crowd!) and helped with some clean up duty. It was a beautiful day for the lunch, although it was quite humid and it was difficult to keep the drinks cold. However it was worthwhile to see all of the smiles on the seniors' faces. They were not expecting to have such young and eager volunteers!

No comments:

Post a Comment