Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 107: Donation to the Jimmy Fund

Today while grocery shopping at Roche Brothers, I stopped at the in-store Citizens Bank (open on Sundays even!) to make a deposit. Sitting next to the teller was a collection bin labeled "Race for the Cure," an event happening this September (through the Jimmy Fund) focused on battling ovarian cancer. After my transaction I gave a small donation to the cause. It seemed to be that the teller was taking part in the Race, or was a team member, because she seemed extra thankful for the donation. If I am remembering correctly, this was my first time donating to a cause that focused on ovarian cancer research and support, but of course it feels good to contribute either way.
-Bianca

http://www.jimmyfund.org/eve/event/girlygirl-parts-5k/default.html?track=featured-event


No comments:

Post a Comment