Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 123: Cross International Catholic Outreach

About 2 years ago, a priest from Cross International spoke to the congregation at Our Lady of the Mountains parish in North Conway, New Hampshire. We were part of that Congregation and were very impressed with the priest and his homily about the work they do. Instead of having the collection that day at Mass, they gave out fliers with information about their outreach and an envelope in which to send your donation. We did that and have helped out several times since as once you're" on the list" it is hard to get off! Unfortunately, at least once every 6 weeks or so, we receive another request and it seemed it was getting to be too often, so I ignored the last few. Well, about 10 days ago, I received a phone call from their offices telling me all about their problems in Haiti and all the thousands of people still sleeping in tents for over 18 months. I was moved as I have never slept in a tent for pleasure(?) never mind necessity. So, the promised envelope came and I am sending our donation today. Hope it will help in a small way to feed some of these hungry children and adults too.

No comments:

Post a Comment