Monday, July 11, 2011

DAY 108: Counting the Money again

Today was my groups' turn to count the money at St.Jude's Church. We seemed to have a lot of problems both with the money and those of us counting. As Dad said to me, it sounds like the first day back to work after a vacation! Two of the group were missing which left 4 of us to complete the job. We have certain papers to fill out and then combine the totals and then add all the monies together and the 2 must agree. We were quite a way off on the one dollar bills and I finally figured out the problem after wasting a half hour on it. Funny thing, even in their older age, some people won't admit a mistake. I was trying to tell them we are all in this together and try to solve the problem together. I felt like I was holding a "counseling" job instead of a "volunteer counting" job!! Finished 1st collection and as luck would have it we had a second collection. Think they all got my message as there wasn't much talk during the 2nd counting. The papers and actual checks and cash did match and off to the bank we went. Hopefully, the bank will find that we are as smart as we think we are when their figures all agree with ours. I'm glad I will have a week off next Monday as we might still be in New Hampshire!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment