Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 96: Paralyzed Veterans of America

Hello, it is Sophia!

  In the mail a while ago, I received and envelope from the Paralyzed Veterans of America containing a gift of  return address labels with my name on them. As I was cleaning out my desk the other day, I found the return address labels and thought, Oh! something new for the blog!! The organization was looking for $3.   So today, as my service challenge, I used my own money (but Mom wrote a check for me) and I learned more about this organization.
           The Paralyzed Veterans of America(www.pva.org), for more than 60 years has helped its members suffering from spinal cord injuries lead normal, productive lives. In other words, their main goal is getting veterans up on their feet again and working. The donations are to used to provide services to paralyzed veterans and to sponsor research into spinal cord injuries. At the organization, they have rehabilitation counselors that help seriously wounded soldiers get their life back even if they have disabilities. They feel that all veterans should have the opportunity to live the American Dream.
      When sending the check in, I of course used one of the return address labels they gave me!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment