Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 96: The Elderly helping the Elderly

First, how fortunate I am to be able to!!!!! Just in from helping a neighbor with the purchase of a outside grill. The decision to purchase one had been in the thinking mode (procrastination) for a good two and a half years and finally the decision made last week. So off we went to Cosco for the purchase yesterday and after much thought on which box to take, due to apparent box damage, the selection was made -- AMEN!!!! Then the purchase of the propane gas tank, which had a pricing of $19+ dollars per her observation. Oh yes, I lay back a bit on the decision making!!!! At checkout,  it showed up as $28 + dollars. On verification at the customer desk, it was the bag of charcoal, staged in the same area, that was the cheaper price. Oh yes, patience I have pretty much learned!!!!!! First, of course it was Cosco, and my neighbor works there, but she didn't have the right pocketbook with her membership card in it. So I waited outside the security area, figured I would be shot by the Folks manning the security check stations at any moment, while she acquired a temporary card or whatever!!!! So after check out we were off. That was yesterday and this afternoon and two hours later, I assembled the remaining parts and checked out the grill. All went well. There was a double "AA" battery that I couldn't seem to figure out where its' placement was required, but when the ignitor didn't work, further investigation of the physical grill revealed the need for the battery. We are such a Lucky Country!!! So after a couple sociable glasses of red wine with her husband,  the Bride was at work and I was off for home. Love to All and have a good appreciative LIFE -- Buppa

No comments:

Post a Comment