Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 71: Good Samaritan

Friday is Hairdresser Day for me! I have read many stories of the chat and things that go on at the "shop" and the customers all get so friendly. Well, there are 2 ladies that have been going to Casa Mara for 30 years or so. Betty has given up her license (thank God) because she is legally blind. She lives only a few streets away, but hates to "part with a buck" so is delighted when I come at my regular time and can take her home. Josie is another weekly customer who has suffered a couple of strokes --her sister drops her off but I am happy to take her home. They both get to the shop very early and are usually done and sitting awaiting my arrival. It is quite a job getting them in the car and sometimes they sort of fight over the front seat but a pleasure seeing them home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment