Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 77: 5th Grade Philanthropy Fair at Pine Hill; Sponsoring Claudia

Hello! It is Sophia (and Mommy/Daddy too!)!
Today our service was for Claudia, our sponsored child in Mexico. She is part of the Hope For A Family Program, and while Daddy is sending our monthly check to support her, I am going to tell you about my 5th Grade Philanthropy Project which was last night.

We all had to chose an organization, learn about it, do something to benefit it, and make a tri-fold board that we had to display yesterday at a big fair at the school.   I chose Hope For A Family for my project. On my tri-fold board I included, why I chose this organization, what Hope For A Family does, how to contact my organization, letters I wrote, letters from my sponsored friend Claudia, and much more. When I contacted Hope For A Family to tell them that I wanted to bring more awareness to their awesome organizatrion, they were very happy.  They sent me all kinds of brochures, props  and information, including 10 folders of children up for sponsorship. In the pictures, I am holding the folders. We had the presentation at our school library and we each (the whole 5th grade) set up our tri-fold posters on a table. Parents, siblings, grandparents, etc. came to stations where that student told them what their orgainization was about. On the right, it is my godmother "Miss D" who came to hear me speak. I was very happy she came, for I don't see her a lot. She was once a 3rd grade teacher so she was very interseted in the curriculum. (In the picture, it looks like she is really enjoying my presentation!!) It was a very fun project for me to do because I learned more about poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment