Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 363: NICU hats and Donation to a Rwanda Trip

Hey everyone,
I cannot believe it is my last blog today! It is so remarkable how we have been able to complete a year-long service blog...it really seems like just yesterday when we started.
As my last contribution, I did 2 acts of service today, neither of which were involved with Relay for Life, for a change! I first brought Nana's homemade premie-hats to the donation center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) where I also work. It is so crazy to think that Olivia and I used to fit into them! Pictures are embedded of these adorable little hats on Olivia as a baby (left pic and bottom pic.)The hat on me in the picture below with Daddy is not with a hat made by Nana as I had finally "graduated" out of the smaller size, knit hats.  Look how tiny our hands were at a almost two months old!!




As my second "bloggable" event today, I donated to my friend Liz's fundraising efforts for her Rwanda trip. At the end of the school year she is going to Rwanda for 10 days to help the village youth in the town of Agazho-Shalom village. Liz was one of my very first friends at Penn, and she is also a nursing student with me. She has been a very generous friend over the years and I am happy to support her cause. Check out the website below!

http://PennABQRwanda.causevox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment